First I thought if magnetic paint, but after reading several blog posts I figured it might not work as well as I though, so back to the drawing board. Second option was to get s metal frame (even a cookie sheet) and stick magnets behind it, but after trying that, the framelits were pulled around by neighboring magnets, so it looked a bit messy.
Here are the currently available Stampin'Up! framelits:
Then I thought if those magnetic sticker business card bases, but I would have needed a ton of them. The. I saw larger sheets available at Michael's. The sheet was about 12"x24" and for 2 frames I needed 4 sheets. Priced at about 16cad, I had to run there 4 times so that ai could use my -40% daily discounts :-)
I also used some retired Designer Series Papers to cover the black magnets (adhered them with spray adhesive). I wanted them to be different colours so the current Stampin'Up! Framelits would be on one frame and the retired and non-SU ones would be on the other.
Here are the retired and non-SU framelits