Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

Storage for framelits

As part of my craft room reno, I wanted to have easier access to my framelits. Until now, I have stored them in DVD-cases with magnetic business card stickers. I kept few of the cases so that I can easily transport my framelits to venues and workshops, but for 'in house storage' I wanted them on the wall.



First I thought if magnetic paint, but after reading several blog posts I figured it might not work as well as I though, so back to the drawing board. Second option was to get s metal frame (even a cookie sheet) and stick magnets behind it, but after trying that, the framelits were pulled around by neighboring magnets, so it looked a bit messy.

Here are the currently available Stampin'Up! framelits:

Then I thought if those magnetic sticker business card bases, but I would have needed a ton of them. The. I saw larger sheets available at Michael's. The sheet was about 12"x24" and for 2 frames I needed 4 sheets. Priced at about 16cad, I had to run there 4 times so that ai could use my -40% daily discounts :-)

I also used some retired Designer Series Papers to cover the black magnets (adhered them with spray adhesive). I wanted them to be different colours so the current Stampin'Up! Framelits would be on one frame and the retired and non-SU ones would be on the other.

Here are the retired and non-SU framelits



No comments:

Post a Comment