Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

waiting for the spring... while it's still snowing outside

Last weekend I did a Stampin'Up! party in my husbands hometown Sudbury. It's always makes me nervous to pack for this event. Just trying to make sure that I have all the supplies and also trying to fit all my materials into one bag, rather than hauling the whole craft room with me.

Since I knew there are card makers of different experience level, I decided to keep things simple for the first card. Just using stamps, no Big Shot needed. This is a great way to get people interested in Stampin'Up! I find if you bring all the bells and whistles, people may find it too complex and expensive to get started, but if you only need one stamp set and few ink pads and white card stock... what's to stop you from getting started.

The card uses 'Swirly Birds' stamp set. Just use two different tones of blues for the bird, kite and sentiment. The orange is Tangerine Tango and the yellow is So Saffron. The sentiment is from 'Sunshine sayings' stamp set. I did the 'sunshine' on a separate banner just because the original word wasn't stamped straight, so I had to cover it somehow :-)

Here is an other card made with the same 'swirly bird' stamp set. This stamp set is SO versatile!!

The  colours on this card are Peekaboo Peach, Dapper Denim, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron. The pattern paper is from the Up&Away Sale-a-Bration designers paper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment