Pages

Monday 18 March 2019

How to rewire a desk lamp


Okay, this is totally out of my comfort zone and a bunch of first things for me!

I found this old desk lamp at my in-laws garage. The wire was frayed and the switch was broken. But the lamp looked so nice, I figured I'd like to get it rewired. When I looked at it at home, I thought, well I'm going to take it apart and see if I could rewire it myself.

I took a women's handyman course several years ago, and we did some simple electrical wiring there (mainly light switches and wall plugs), so I wasn't totally unfamiliar with electrical stuff.

I went to my local Home Depot and got some supplies and got some wrong ones too, so took me few visits to the store.

This was my first video, so it is a bit long (14 minutes). I tried to cut out anything that was not needed, to get it to this length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment