Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Christmas Bazaar #1

Overview of our VERY tight craft display area
On Saturday I attended a Christmas Bazaar at the Promenade Retirement Home in Orleans together with my upline Cathryn. I was in charge of the display board for DSP and I also brought the display shelf to show case some products.


Card display and Cathryn's great banner and couple of ornaments
Cathryn made the most beautiful banner, which she is going to hang at her house for Xmas... I asked how much she would sell it for (if someone would want to buy it) and she said "there is no such money in the world". I guess it took some time to create :)
Be of Good Cheer DSP and Fan Fair DSP
I made 3 Christmas ornaments (like on the cover of the Stampin'Up! Holiday Catalogue), and I have to say... my Xmas tree won't be decorated with ONLY hand made ornaments - nope! BUT DO NOT DISPARE! there is a "short cut" to the ornament - don't use the ornament stamp set - don't get me wrong - do BUY the ornament stamp set, but use it on cards, where you only need 1 or 2 ornaments.




Fan Fair DSP, Postage Due stamp, Story Time DSP
For the actual 3D ornament you will need 20 medium sized AND 20 smaller sized ornaments - imagine if you would stamp them and then you'd have to INDIVIDUALLY cut every single one out with the framelit! I can see one ornament per week with this rate! So back to the short cut: CUT the ornaments out of Designer Series Paper (DSP)  and the best part is - you can cut several (4 to be exact) layers of DSP with one run!!! So for the medium sized ornament - fold the 12x12 DSP in four equal width stripes (each 3" wide) and run the ornament framelit through once cutting all 4 layers - this will cut the cutting time by 4, as you only need to run the framelit through 5 times!
 

Display case with buttons, CardStock, Ribbons etc.
Can you see the tile coaster on the picture next to the display case? That is one of the items that I will be teaching at my Christmas Gift Class on December 15th!! Oh and there might be couple of card samples for my up coming Xmas Card classes too (November 12th, November 24th and December 10th).
 
And I'd be happy to teach you (and your friends) on how to make those ornaments - as long as we use DSP and not the stamped images :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment