Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Mojo Monday #267

Last week I was hesitant on making my MOJO card. I knew I wanted to do something for the Remembrance Day with my new Pleasant Poppies. The card turned out so great, that even I was surprised (well.. I atleast thought it was great :-)

So this weeks MOJO I tried to desing it away from my craft room - just to see how that would work and if the end result would actually turn out as nice as I planned it to be.

MOJO267 Sketch
I sketched the MOJO sample on a 3x4 post-it note and then while watching TV I was thinking of the colours, the stamps I might want to use and the feel of the card. And I wanted to make a masculine card - as those tend to be always more difficult and I seem to have a lot of use for them (plus they can also be used for my female friends - they are not über masculine :-)

I wanted to try how the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad would look on a darker card stock, so I used Basic Gray as the card base and stamped the Destressed Dots with the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark on the back ground

Then I knew I wanted to use Baja Breeze and some kind of red on the card. At this point I turned to my trusted Colour Coatch and it suggested using Cajun Craze with Baja Breeze. And from there I just followed the layout of the sketch. As my "main" stamp set I chose the Clockworks - which is as masculine as a stamp set can get :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment