Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

Worldly thoughts your way

I wanted to do a card with this world map stamp set for the longest time. I just didn't have with me any stamp sets that would work nicely with the map as a background. Finally I did the map, coloured it various inks and blendabilities and then sponged some crumb cake ink all over to tone down the colour changes.

Then I just could not come up with anything to layer on top of it. 

One day I was working with another card and used my "hip hip hooray" card kit. This sticker with the "note book top" caught my eye and I decided to stick that on top of the map. Then it needed a greeting and some accents. I used an arrow from the same kit and stamped some dots on the side.

Then I used one striped banner from the kit (cut in half) and tucked that under the greeting (hint: do the banners first - the glue behind the stickers is pretty sticky). and punched couple of banners with my banner punch to create more interest to the front.

So a lot of thought went to this card but really the card was pretty easy to make - once I figured out what I wanted :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment