Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

Gingerbread house

I forgot to post pictures of my gingerbread house.

This year I went big, well mainly because I had bought a cookie cutter set for a house, and I could not really alter the size - right?

I also assembled it a bit differently. I usually build the house - I use melted granular sugar as glue. It holds much better, and sets super fast, than icing sugar. Then I decorate the hous.
This time I decorated the house first. Well I did all the white icing on the pieces, then let them set over night and assembled the house the next day. You just have to be a bit more careful when holding on to the pieces.

The candy on the roof is similar to M&M's, but I like this Finnish version better. The colours are more subtle and the taste is better - peppermint flavored chocolate - nam nam

Finally I dusted the set up with icing sugar.

Few pieces of the fence from the side have gone missing... Must have been the snow plows???
This weekend the rest will be gone too :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment