Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Retired Colours My Digital Studio Challenge!

Here is my winning design on "retired colours" design for My Digital Studio challenge last week.

View the announcement and next weeks challenge at My Digital Studio

I have couple of tips, when using multiple states:
1) if you don't know the states well (shapes) and exact borders with other states - Get a map with the state locations and alignments with it's neighbors.

NOTE! Once you add the punch, you cannot see what state it is (as I realized AFTER I had added all punches). Instead add your state A, place it roughly where you want it, then add your state B and align it next to State A (you may want to zoom in your project to see better).

2) do NOT try to enlarge the size before you have aligned the states next to each other as you will not be able to resize them exactly the same individually. Instead, group them together and enlarge them AS A GROUP!!!

Once you have them to the size you want, then ungroup. Also some states may be shaped so that they "overlap" with it's neighbour. You may want to "lock" it to the background while you work on the neighboring state.

No comments:

Post a Comment