Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

Colour blocking with Field Flowers

Lately there has been a trend to create colour blocks with masking tape. I wanted to jump the band wagon, but of course, could not find my masking tape :)

I have done some cards by inking the clear block directly on the ink pad, but this masking tape technique uses several colours. So how do I do that without masking tape???

Well... I took 3 markers: Strawberry Slush (new In-Colour), Rich Razzleberry and Sahara Sand
Then I coloured 3 sections on the clear block (tried not to overlap the colours, so that my markers would not get ruined (at this point I wished I had that masking tape....)

And then I stamped - well... the result was not what I expected. Hmm.... what to do???




I then thought that I need to sprits the block with water... needless to say, I was too lazy to walk to the next room (= bathroom) and fill a misting bottle with water, and I didn't have any rubbing alcohol without ink in a misting bottle either, so I grabbed my Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (but didn't shake it).

Just a tip: if you don't want shimmery effect
- DO NOT USE IT!

Then I stamped the block on my card stock (Naturals Ivory) - Holy smokes! the effect was not really wat I was going for  - but I liked it! The colours were quite intense so I sprized it again (with the shimmer Smooch Spritz) and got a more subtle effect.

I then decided that I would make identical cards to show the difference.

I hope you like them as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment