Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Finally in Finland... Well... Actually already back in Ottawa

I had some major issues with Internet connections throughout the trip
So here are couple of last postings from our trip, before I get back to my regular crafting posts
(Still too jet lagged to get the crafting gear going...)

While in Finland, we spent one week at my parents cottage, right at the Russian border (eastern Finland). The border really is only about 14 km from their cottage.

The image above is from Lappeenranta sand castle (a yearly event) and this years theme was the Finnish National Epic "Kalevala"
In this scene the Väinämöinen is singing (and playing the Kantele) Joukahainen to sink into the swamp


And I just have to post this delicious picture of our lunch at the city of Kotka, a restaurant called "Vanha Fiskari" (an old fisherman).
I just love all the fish you can get in Finland.


No comments:

Post a Comment