Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Petite Petals - what a great little stamp set!!!

Now this was one of the stamps sets that I thought that I would pass FOR SURE. After all, there were SO many other really cool stamp sets in the new Occasions Spring Catalogue. But you know what happened next - right??

Of course.... I saw someone (thanks Kim Skinner!!) use the stamp to create her own pattern paper - and I was sold! I just had to get the stamp - and as it comes in a bundle with a matching punch - well... it was a deal I could not pass :-)

So this first card was the one that sold me for the set - I modified it a bit from Kim's original (used different paper behind the bottom banner, used different greeting and didn't use the ruffle ribbon.

The colours are: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush (all this year's in-colours)

Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
all colours from the Retro Fresh family (Occasions)
Then I saw a cute card by Lisa Curao, where she had punched out the flowers (not sure if her version had them popped up with dimentionals). So the next card is a case from her card, with popped up flowers.


Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana,
Pistashio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe
Then I just had to do a spin off from that with different colours and this time I tried using just regular glue dots, so the flowers are not as raised.

So I'm really happy with the stamp set and the punch. Now I just have to use it more on my own designs and maybe use some other colours (I just love all the new in-colours and the colours from the Retro Fresh family!

But these cards just have such a sweetness to them - and they make me feel, like the summer is just around the corner - oh well... one can always dream (and it's snowing really heavily outside my craft room window....)

So, will this set be in your wish list now too?


No comments:

Post a Comment