Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

Sweet Valentine's

I just love both of the following cards.

The first one is using Follow My Heart stamp set - now remember, the clear mount version has already sold out, but you can still get the wood mount. These Valentine's Day special stamp sets are only available while they last so get them while you still can. Also, the last day to order is Monday January 27th!
Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake

Scallope edged heart frame:
I first cut out a scalloped heart with the Hearts-a-flutter framelit from a scrap piece of paper, which I then placed on top of my card stock to use it as a stencil. Then I used the large heart punch to punch out a regular heart from scrap piece of paper and added that at to the middle. Then I spongd the formed "frame" with blushing bride and a bit of Crumb cake.

Then I removed the heart punch shape and stamped the opening with "off the grid" stamp (crumb cake).

Background:
Then I inked a clear acrylic block with blushing bride and stamped that on the card base. And did the same with crumb cake (that one I first stamped on a piece of scrap paper and then on the card stock - I didn't want it too strong.

Then I took a small heart stamp from last years occasions catalogue set "itty bitties" - I didn't even realize I used a retired stamp - oh bummer... well, any small heart stamp would work, and stamped that with both colours.

Then I stamped the greeting from the "Follow My Heart" set with Crumb Cake.

The Banner:
The stamps are from two different sets. The one with the key, stamped with Blushing Bride, is from the "Follow My Heart" and the "love" banner stamped with Crumb Cake is from the Sale-A-Bration set "Banner Blast"
Behind the banner I glued a piece of Hemp Twine. The Eiffel Tower is stamped with Early Espresso (it's from the Follow My Heart Set" and I cut it out with paper snips and mounted with dimensionals.

This next card is SUPER easy!

Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
The Backgound:
The base of the card is regular Pool Party card stock. I embossed a slightly smaller piece of Pool Party coloured Core'dinations paper with the Alphabet Press embossing folder and sanded the top to bring out the lighter tone of the paper.

Embellishments:
I cut one Paper Doiley in half, glued it on top of the embossed core'dinations paper and wrapped some Hemp Twine around the card - tied a double know on the top (to the left side). Then I cut 2 paper banners from the Sale-A-Brations paper "Sweet Sorbet" and adhered them on top of the doiley (tucked them under the twine. Then I took a piece of the Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon (Occasions Catalogue) and folded it in half. Then I tied it on top of the card with the left over twine used to wrap around the card.

The Sentiment is from the "Label Love" set, the edge is couloured with Crisp Cantaloupe and the center centiment is with Crumb Cake (you cannot see the difference in the photo as well as in the real card) and mounted with dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment