Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Happy Congratulations on white

This stamp set was one of the first ones I wanted to order, when I saw the Spring Occasions Catalogue from Stampin'Up!.
 
It is SO easy to make cards with it.
This one was inspired by Justin Krieger. I just love his creations.

His original card had two streamers of lanterns going across the card - I wanted to use just one, basically I just wanted to see how it looks and I I manage to replicate his creation :-)

The lanterns are stamped with VersaMark on Vellum and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Now a word of caution: Do NOT overink your stamp with VersaMark. The grooves in the lanterns are so narrow and shallow, they easily get filled and then the result is a solid white blob (trust me on this - I have a vellum sheet full of white blobs waiting to be used on something :-)

So, be gentle with the VersaMark. I punched the lanterns out with a RETIRED (yes I know, I'm sorry...) 3/4" circle punch. I'm pretty sure that the circle framelits has a matching size in it - or you can cut it out with scissors.

The gold stamping is done with Gold Encore ink and gold embossing powder (both on the background lanternstamp and the sentiment.

The card base is WhisperWhite and I mounted the stamped 4"x5-1/4" Whisper White piece on a slightly larger Brushed Gold CardStock.

1 comment: