Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

Two WOW cards - both tweaked cases

The first card is cased from Nikki Spencer. Her original card was square, and I don't do square cards. So I had to adjust the layout a bit. I also used different sentiment and punches and created the leafs with Autumn Accents Bigz die.

The background is stamped with hardwood background stamp (Crumb Cake on Sahara Sand). the doily is cut with Paper Doily Sizzlits L die (which I'm having hard time getting out smooth - I guess I have to try to add some chims on my cutting pads....)

The leafs are cut out fromo Pear Pizzazz (I know they look brighter on the picture) and the flower is Very Vanilla cut with the new Spiral Flower Originals die (I actually have two spirals there to make it fuller). I also spritzed it with some Crisp Cantaloupe to give some texture.

This card is definately not for mailing - the flower would get crushed :)
Oh and a tip for the flower - use your bone folder to "break" the fibres in the paper - otherwise the flower will be too stiff and have wrinkles on it.

 This second card is cased from Elizabeth Gross. I loved how she had partially embossed the butterfly (from Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die). And did you know that vellum turns white when you emboss it!!!

I LOVE the use of Delicate Details Lace Tape on this card - it is SO easy to use and makes a huge impact on this card!!!

Elizabeth had used a different sentiment and also different ribbon. Her card was more monochromatic (I think her ribbon was either white or beige toned). I felt I wanted some POP for the card and thought Gumball Green would still be "natural" for this card (rather than bright red).

I just LOVE this particular Designer Series Paper from the Sale-A-Bration "Sweet Sorbet" set.

No comments:

Post a Comment