Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Card in a Box with instructions!!!

I know I did this "Card in a box" earlier and mentioned, that you can find instructions online and on Youtube. Now that I started a new card, it took me FOREVER to find them again - so I decided to make instructions and post them here.

I used So Saffron card stock as the base and Coastal Cabana as the mat for my designer series paper, which is Retro Fresh.

I pulled all the colours from that DSP 

I added some embellishments from Retro Fresh Journaling stickers and also from This and That Epic Day journaling stickers.

There is a map washi tape on the film strip, that is not Stampin'Up! product but I just didn't have small enough embellishments or stamps to fill the filmstrip squares.

CARD IN A BOX

Cut the paper to 8-½" x 9"

Score at    A)   2-1/8"  B)   4-1/4" C)   6-3/8"    D)   8-½"
Then turn the cardstock once counter clockwise and score E)   2-½"

CUT the card stock at F) 5-½". Now you are left with a piece that is sized 5-½"x8-½". From the orange part, you will cut 2 pieces that will work as inserts to the box (the green part).
Then you cut at the red lines. The orange part is left over. Fold the card stock into a box shape and use the short tab to adhere the box together. 3 of the flaps are to be folded downwards. 1 is left straight as a back panel for the card (blue).

DECORATING THE BOX: 

The two tabs (shaded green in the first picture) you need to fold the ends in opposite directions (to form the shape of Z) and adhere them inside the box (divide the inside into 3 equal sized portions).

I like to mat my Designer Series Papers with solid cardstock so I have 2 measurements for each panel section:

BACK PANEL (1)
Designer Series Paper:        5-3/4" x 1-7/8"         Mat:              5-7/8" x 2"

FLAP PANELS (4)
Designer Series Paper:       1-7/8" x 2-1/4"          Mat:              2" x 2-3/8"
One of the flap panel pieces is to be used on the back wall behind the decorations

BOTTOM PIECE (3)
Designer Series Paper:       1-7/8" x 2-3/4"           Mat:              2" x 2-7/8"


No comments:

Post a Comment