Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Work of Art - my new favourite stamp set!

This is a new stamp set from the new catalogue (2014-2015) and it's going to be one of my favourites. Why?

It has some greetings, it can be used to create backgrounds with other sets and to create your own pattern paper, it can be used to create flowers (thanks for the idea belongs to Maria Leon-Villanueva).

The way I (and I assume also Maria) created the narrow 'swoshes' on the flowers, was to colour the edges of the stamp with a marker and stamp on top of the base colour (in this case with Tangerine Tango over So Saffron). The stems of the tulips are done by colouring the edge of the largest 'swosh' with a new in-colour marker Mossy Meadow.


 The heart is done with Real Red and the "you" again with Mossy Meadow.

The pattern paper is from "Moonlight" Designer Series Paper Stack and the colours in this stack are from the new in-colours.

I frayed the burlab ribbon by cutting the finished edges off and pulling out strands of burlap from both top and bottom and also from the ends.

And this final image is not only to show all the stamps from this stamp set but also to show how you place them back in the box (when you buy woodmounted stamps). 
And I have to say, I highly recommend the woodmounted version for this set since you will be using them all and a lot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment