Pages

Monday 28 November 2016

Star of Wonder, Star of Light

Well the song actually goes 'Star of Wonder, Star of Night', but since I used the Star of Light stamp set on these cards, I felt that I just had to use that in the title.

The next 4 cards all use Star of Light stamp set.

This first one was inspired by Kimberly Van Diepen 
I LOVE HER DESIGNS!

The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock and was stamped with various stars from Star of Light stamp set. The colours on the stars are Soft Sky, Dapper Denim and Sahara Sand.

The large star is also stamped using Sahara Sand and cut out with the matching framelits. The thread on the card is a strand from the burlap ribbon. According to Kimberly, it makes a nicer loop, than Linen Thread, and I have to agree with her on this!






The second card uses Dapper Denim ink. The star burst was stamped/heat embossed on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark ink and Clear Embossing powder. Once it cooled, I rubbed Dapper Denim ink with Sponge Daubers. Just remember to wipe the image with a clean paper towel after inking, to remove any ink from the embossed image. I made two different colour versions - Gold and Silver. They both use Foil paper, Glimmer paper and Doilies.
Silver

Gold
And the last card was assembled from bunch of left over pieces I had from other card creations. The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper snow flakes are actually floral images from Flourish Thinlits dies, the Soft Sky star is from Starlight thinlits. The starburst is stamped with Dapper Denim and I twisted some Silver Metallic Thread behind the snow flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment