Pages

Thursday 28 June 2018

Summer holidays are here - just breath!


I thought this was a perfect card for Tom to give out at the end of the school year. Being a teacher (in high school) is tough, so Tom is looking forward to this summer break, and I figured his colleagues must be feeling the same, so they would appreciate this card.

I made few different kind of designs and then made a bunch of the ones I liked best. All are made using Colourful Seasons stamp set and matching framelits. he card base is thick Whisper White card stock on all. And the colours are Early Espresso and Pacific Point.

The first one actually has nothing cut with a framelit and is very simple, single layer card. I stamped the blue square with inked stamp block (didn't add any water, as I wanted a 'grainy' look on this. Then stamped the greeting and the seat frame in Early Espresso and the canvas seat in Pacific Point.


The second version had the same background, but instead of stamping the chair, I cut out a chair from Shimmery White card stock using the adirondack die from the framelit set. This also is a single layer card.

The third card (which was my favourite), Has a watercolour effect brushed using a paint brush and Pacific Point ink (I wetted the Shimmery White card stock base with spritzer bottle before spreading the ink.) This card has two layers, the Shimmery White card is glued on a Whisper White card base. And the chairs are popped up with mini-dimensionals.





No comments:

Post a Comment