Pages

Sunday 24 June 2018

cherry blossoms blooming

well... at least in these cards, as the real cherry blossoms have bloomed awhile ago.

My craft room was overtaken by a scrapbook project, which I wanted to get out of the way before staring to make any cards. Making cards takes so much less space! and is much faster too!
I believe I worked on that scrapbook for couple of weeks, then again, I created it from scratch, pages, covers etc, so that took most of the time. 

But now my desk is taken over by card making. Well, I had to create 14 cards for Tom to give out at the end of the school year and then made few cards myself.


So back to the cherry blossoms....


I have had this Colourful Seasons stamp set for almost a year now, but haven't really gotten to use it a lot. I did make some fall cards and few Christmas cards, but mainly using the matching framelits. Always wanted to make a cherry blossom card - and finally I did!
(I actually still have some cherry blossoms left, so there will be few more cards coming...)



The first card was made using Berry Burst (2018-2019 in colour) and Early Espresso. I also added some pearls on the flowers.

The second card was made using Blushing Bride and Early Espresso. I think I personally like this one better. Well the first one is just a little bit too dark for cherry blossoms. The leftover blossoms I have are Flirty Flamingo and uninked white, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.



No comments:

Post a Comment