Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Busy week - included kissing :)

well.. the stampin kind of kissing that is!
 
On Sunday I did a small class on embossing and kissing - the idea was to show various kind of embossing techniques and I tossed in a kissing technique too.
 
So first the embossing part:
 
This card has dry embossing, done with Big Shot and Woodgrain Embossing folder on Early Espresso Core'dinations paper (this paper has a lighter tone in the core of the cardstock so when you tear it, it shows the tears better and if you emboss and sand it lightly, you really get the embossing showing nicely.

The bird stamp is from the new hostess set "Simply Sketched" and works perfectly for embossing. Now this is done with heat tool. First we stamped the image with Versamark ink, then poured Early Espresso Embossing Powder on the moist image and then heated it with the Heat tool.
This one I coloured directly with Pear Pizzazz marker (since it's such a pale colour). Any darker colour you might want to colour with Aqua Painter and Ink or Blender Pens and ink pads
 
Then we added kind of embossing around the image - this was done with Paper Piercing tool and Paper Piercing templates.
 
The second card was the kissing technique:
 
On the Birthday Card I stamped a Clear Block (D) on Early Espresso ink pad and stamped that on the Whisper White Card Stock. After cleaning the block (you will need paper with this, the Stampin'Scrub will not clean your block enough as it is not a "smooth" surface) I stamped the block on Calypso Coral ink pad and then KISSED it on the En Fraincais background stamp (now here you have to be sturdy handed as you don't want the ink to smuch around the stamp). Then once you have the ink trasferred from the clear block onto the stamp, you stamp the image on the card stock.
The Mr&Mrs card was done using the same technique, but it does not have the Early Espresso background (and I lined it without stamp-a-majic too!!)
 
The ribbon is the new Chevron ribbon in Calypso Coral and the card bases are Sahara Sand (Bday) and Pink Pirouette (Mr&Mrs). The sentiment is stamped on Blushing Bride with Calypso Coral.
 
oh and sorry for the super long delay in posting - my colleague at work is on vacation and by the time I get home I'm wiped and really haven't had any energy to even take pictures of my latest projects. I promise I will make it up during the weekend.
 
Now I got to run... my fav TV show, "the Listener" is starting and I already missed last weeks episode (season 4 beginning). Got to support the Canadian TV series and I love that it has mostly been filmed in Toronto.
(You can catch it on CTV on Wednesdays at 10pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment