Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

March break madness

well... you know what I mean - right?
You travel, you return home, do laundry, stack the fridge and all of a sudden the whole week has gone by in a blink of an eye!

Well, that's how I feel.

I had created several cards the previous week with the intention of posting a project every day... oh well...

another thing I had planned, is to sort through my 'retired scrap' pile. You know the pile where you collect all your left over ribbons and small pieces of card stock and Designer Series paper. In this case, it was my retired product pile that I wanted to go through.

This pile would be used to create cards for my personal use, to give as gifts for my family etc. since I cannot use them in my classes or workshops.

But, the pile just got larger since I took this picture. Maybe it's time to sort through it with a rough hand and toss at least all the small bits and pieces

Now finally to a new card!

This one was created using 'Love is kindness' stamp set (single stamp) from the spring Occasions catalogue.

I stamped it with black Momento Ink and coloured the flowers using blender pen and ink pads (calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz). I was planning on using the blendabilities on this, but on the same day I created this, they had pulled the markers out of the market due to faulty product :-(

There is no information or dates to give to you on when they will be back. The manufacturer was not able to fix the miniature holes in the pen tips, which caused the alcohol ink to dry. So I guess it is back to the drawing table for Stampin'Up! with regards to finding a new manufacturer for the pens. This must take some time and a lot of testing!

The paper behind this card is 'Typeset' Specialty Designer Series Paper. The base is Basic Black card stock. I also attached a piece of Whisper White card stock inside the card, since you cannot really write your greeting on a black card with any other colour than white, gold or silver (and I don't have good experience with those - they always get blogged and the ink does not run smoothly)

Tomorrow I have 2 cool cards created with Work of Art stamp set. See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment