Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Christmas is DEFINiTELY not quiet time....

Okay, I had ALL the GOOD intentions of doing posts during the Xmas holidays... but you know what happens often with good intentions... LOL

Tom and I spent our holidays in Sudbury, and the week prior I was busy planning the meals and getting all the supplies. And all of a sudden it was here - Christmas!

So I packed a bag of books, magazines and some pre-prepped craft items, that I was SUPPOSED to work on during the holidays, and post pictures in here... guess if I even opened that bag? NOPE!

So here I am, back in Ottawa, unpacking bags and finding all kinds of goodies. Okay, I still need to take pictures of them. There are some technique tricks coming... so keep your eyes open.

But, for now, I have a WONDERFUL card that was inspired by Valerie Moody.


This card was done by using You Lift Me Up and Butterfly Basics stamp sets. The colours are Crumb Cake (ink and card stock), Whisper White (card stock), Early Espresso (ink), Real Red (ink) and Soft Sky (ink).

The top 'rip' was cut using various Leaflets Framelits pieces. I believe in the original version she used the Detailed Floral Thinlints to create the edge. Another great framelit to use in this would be the So Detailed Thinlits from the new occasions catalogue... hmm... where is my wishlist....

The balloons and clouds were cut out using Up & Away thinlits and the balloons were popped up by using dimensionals. I sponged the Soft Sky ink using on top of the 'chicken wire' stamped image (probably should have done it first and layer the stamp on top, as the chicken wire image got smudged a bit).




No comments:

Post a Comment