Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2017

MOJO Monday 479

Finally back at the MOJO MONDAY challenge!

well... this is actually a challenge from 2 weeks ago, which I never got to post on their blog, but I will post it on my blog anyways.

This was my first design, using Lift Me Up stamp set


The colours are Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, Whisper White and So Saffron. I used the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack from the Occasions Catalogue at the bottom of the card and coloured the hot air balloons using the new Watercolour Pencils (which by the way are running low at the Stampin'Up! warehouse.... get them now, or you might have to wait until mid February to get them!!)

I'm not super happy about the colouring of the popped up largest balloon, the paper started to peel apart. Next time I will try using the Shimmery White card stock, I heard that is the best paper after watercolour paper to use with the Watercolour Pencils!



Since the colours on this card were very 'sweet', I wanted to make a more monochromatic version using the same layout.
This one is using the Oh So Succulent stamp set and the colours are Sweet Sugarplum and Whisper White.
The designer series paper is Falling in Love from the Occasions Catalogue. And the image is coloured with Watercolour Pencils. The pot is actually hand drawn, not a stamp! I also curved the sentiment to follow the shape of the stamped image.

I also used three different thinlits/framelits on this: Flourish Thinlits, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits










No comments:

Post a Comment