Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Merry Patterns, special Hostess set

I just love this stamp set - unfortunately it was only available for hostess orders for the month of October. Just too soon for holiday crafts. I got mine, but didn't get to use it until December!!

I love the easy two step stamping with photopolymer stamps. And even if you are not 100% matching, it still looks pretty good!

So I made this one card with 3 different colour combos, using the special metallic snow flakes available from the Holiday Catalogue. The pack has 2 different colours of metallic snow flakes - gold and silver. The back of the snow flake is white, so I guess you could use them white also.



The first two colour combos where on Whisper White card stock, using Night of Navy card stock as a layer, Silver snowflake and on one the deer and the pattern sentiment has been stamped with Night of Navy, and on the other using in-colour 'Powder Pink'.





My favourite colour combo was the first one, which actually surprised me. I don't particularly like Very Vanilla, it's just a bit too yellow. I also don't care for the new in-colour 'tranquil tide'. But in this card, combined with the gold, it just looks 'trafidional'. The pattern stamp in the sentiment 'season' and the deer head has been stamped with Sahara Sand. The wood pattern paper (where the deer is stamped) is from Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack.

Then a very simple design. Just using single layer of Thick Whisper White Card Stock!. The stamp is from Merry Patterns special Hostess set. I stamped the outline deer with Archival Black Ink and then coloured the pattern version with Real Red marker (just the sweater part). Stamped the red sweater on the deer and then hand coloured using Sahara Sand Marker the head and the legs. I tried first colouring the stamp with two colours, but the image ended up smudged.

The border is hand drawn with Basic Black marker. The idea for this card came from Pinterest. I saw a german demonstrator doing this and thought it look very Scandinavian!









No comments:

Post a Comment