Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

So where did it all start and how did I end up with Stampin'Up!


This was my 1st Stampin'Up! card


Well, I have always been interested in all kinds of crafts, but specially in paper crafts. We did Christmas cards with my mom and we used techniques like heat embossing and stamping.


When I moved to Ottawa in 2003, I wanted to do some scrapbooking (this was something new to me then) and started by buying various card stocks and a ton of stickers. Don't get me wrong, the pages turned out great, but it was SO expensive to keep buying those stickers (and I still buy stickers!).



Then a colleague of mine asked, if I'd like to come to a "Stampin'Up!" -party. Well, why not, cannot hurt me - right?



One of my most recent projects

And that's when it all started. I LOVED the fact that the company has everything coordinated! Although it took me few parties before I really figured what I needed to get. First I bought some stamps, well... then I needed the inks, the papers, the word stamps.... you get the point :-)

But I just love how everything coordinates: shapes, colours, ribbons, buttons....

It makes it so easy but at the same time SO versitale!

So I got totally hooked on Stampin'Up! So much so, that I ended up becoming a demonstrator myself in 2010. I have been watching Stampin'Up! develop and grow these past years and I love all the new ideas and colours they come up with!. And eventhough I'm doing mostly cards, I have seen SO many beautiful scrapbook pages, mixed media projects and fabric creations done with Stampin'Up! products. You just have to let your creativity flow and most wonderful things can happen. And if you don't always get that inspiration on you own, there are so many beautiful creations and ideas on the Stampin'Up! Idea Book and Catalogue. I cannot throw the old ones out just because of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment