Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Spooky Halloween is almost here!!!

My Spooky Halloween Card Class is scheduled for Monday October 3rd and I had some great ideas for those cards. Finally this weekend I got the time to start working on the cards.

Well, I should have learned by now that the best way for me to create cards is to "go with the flow", not be fixed with a certain idea. So, yesterday I spent couple of hours trying to figure out how to corporate the "halloween" word into my card. Then I finally figured out a nice way to do it.

Then I also learned another lesson (well... I should have learned it already couple of times but no...)

REMEMBER:
Remove the retired products from your shelves!

First I made a great halloween card (idea cased from Stampin'Connection but unfortunately I don't have the name saved), but I didn't have all the products from the original project, so I decided to use what I have (which then ended up being retired products - not on purpose). So then I had to redo the card with the CURRENT products. But it turned out great :-)

But at the end I managed to create 4 great cards for my Spooky Halloween Card Class :-)

Halloween must be one of the most difficult holidays for me to create cards for - we don't celebrate Halloween in Finland so I have no real experience on this holiday. Another difficult one for me is Valentines Day as that also is a North American and English holiday. It has made it's appearance also in Finland in the past decade, but more as a Friend Day, without the romantic content.

We will see how much I cope with the Valentine's Day in the coming spring :-)
I'm pretty sure one of the cards then will have the "Be My Valentine" from the "Festive and Fun" set which is in the current Holiday Mini Catalogue.

Here are all the 4 cards for my Halloween Card Class:

No comments:

Post a Comment