Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Halloween - the strangest holiday ever...

I find Halloween always very strage time. Maybe I should explain why. Well, first of all, I don't like ghost stories or horror movies so to me the whole idea of tomb stones on our front yard seems very strage (and I won't put anything else than pumpkins and all sweet things in our yard!). Second, I'm from FInland - we don't do halloween in Finland, well, I don't think we do it in the entire European continent :-)
Actually, I have heard that some teen agers in Finland have started to have "halloween parties" but in my youth we did not do that.
What we did (and still do) is have Easter Wiches during the easter holidays. That's when kids dress up as easter wiches and go from door to door with decorated willow brances and wish good luck to the house and are given treats or money as a reward - kind of what your trick or treating in North America.

So for me to do Halloween crafts is very strange. Every year I'm getting a bit better and this year I'm determined to send out my first Halloween cards :-)

I was so excited designing my cards! I cannot wait to hear what you think of my samples
We are using these also in my Spooky Halloween card class on Monday, October 3rd (7pm - 9pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment