Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Masking Techniques, part 2

The first card is done by cutting out the base shape with Labels Collection Framelits.

Then I took a piece (covering the base) of scrap paper and cut the inked sized opening with a smaller framelit from the same set. I placed the stencil over the base shape and sponged some Crumb Cake ink.

Then stamped the bird from Simply Sketched Hostess Set with Early Espresso






This is one of my favourite cards in a long time. I took a piece (4"x5 1/4") Whisper White Card Stock, placed a doiley over the piece and sprizzed the cover with Pool Party ink blended with rubbing alcohol.

supplies:
- rubbing alcohol (from pharmacy)
- ink refill of your choice
- Stampin'Spritzer

Fill the spritzer with rubbing alcohol (leave little space for the ink - the darker or more tinted you want the spritz, the more space). I think with Pool Party I added about 10-15 dropps of ink. With darker colours you might want to keep it light, specially if you just want a light spray.

My spritz was a bit too light and I ended up spritzing a bit too much, so the background is not 100% even :-)

Then I removed the doiley and let the paper dry. Then stampped the flower from Oh, Hello stamp set with Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry slush. The chevron I think I stamped withPistachio Pudding and the sentiment with Bermuda Bay 

This is again using masking tape at the background. I wanted to experiment with different widths of masking tape and different colours. I should have used more orange to get the sunset looking right - oh well....


This one would need a bit more vivid Designer Series Paper or a stamp that would have larger un-inked spaces to really see what it is about.

I stamped the sunflower with VersaMark on a piece of Designer Series Paper from the Sweater Weather pack (Holiday Catalogue p. 18). Then I heat embossed it with Clear Embossing powder.

Once it had cooled down, I took a brayer and covered the DSP with Cajun Craze ink.

The embossing resists the ink, so once you are done, you can just wipe any extra ink from the image and you can see the patterned paper through the embossing. (you can kind of see the white spots from the background - can't you?)







No comments:

Post a Comment