Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

More Xmas on this snowy day

Cased from Laurie Lee Doucel
Couple of more cards that I saw on the Stampin'Up! demonstrator web-site.

They had couple of great things going for them and I wanted to see if they would be easy enough to do on my Xmas card classes.

They are not super hard, but took enough time that I decided to leave them out of my selection.

Might use the first one in some way for my Valentine's Day card class.

It is using Raspberry Ripple cardstock and ribbon and the "white" background is actually embossed vellum! when you emboss vellum, it becomes white. Then I added some Dazzling sparkles in the middle (I think I went a bit overboard but I had some glue showing through the vellum, so I had to hide them :-)


The second card is also cased, just could not find it again. I should have checked the card a bit closer. I think in the original she had punched the leafs in two direction (some with the foil facing up and some with foil side facing down). The silver and gold foil sheets are from the Holiday Catalogue as well as the Stylish Stripes embossing folder.

I only realized this when I started laying the leafs on the card - well - too late at that point. That was one of the reasons I scratched this from my list. The second was that I used gluedots to adhere the leafs and I had hard time covering the dots so that the top would not stick to the envelope.

Did you guess where the leafs are from? Bird Builder Punch!! What a clever idea.

I guess if I would have used basic cardstock, I could have just flipped the leafs around. In this case, I had hard time making the shape circular and I think I should have added few more branches - oh well - I can fix it before I mail it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment