Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Christmas Bazaar

First, a quick note: I have added 2 new classes to my class schedule

Yesterday I attended this years first Xmas bazaar. It was a first bazaar for the Ravines retirement place and was not very busy, but I got to meet some great people and some old vendor friends.
 
I had a bit of a struggle with my display as the table was a bit smaller than they usually are and it was actually 2 smaller tables, so they were bit uneven. But I was able to make it work. Could not display all my things I wanted and the table was a bit in a corner so  not the best place - but I made it work.

I finally finished my "CREATE" banner, which is done using the Banner Kit from the Holiday Catalogue.
Here is a better view of the banner:
 



 The colours are Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Sky.

The button was done with "Simply Pressed Clay" using the clay molds. I coloured the soft clay with Pool Party ink refill (since I noticed I didn't have any Soft Sky ink... one more thing to list on my wish list...). Then I pressed the clay into the mold and placed into my freezer for about 1 hour. then I popped it out of the mold and let it dry overnight. I tied some hemp twine to it and adhered it to the letter with glue dots.

The ruffle behind the "e" is Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle Stretch Trim, since I didn't have any ribbons in my chosen colours (wish list, here I come). But it works, because it is so close to the rope, which is threaded through the banner.

The flower is done cutting Creped Filter paper with Fun Flowers Bigz L die and then sprayed with Stampin'Spritzers filled with ink and rubbing alcohol. Again, the inks used here are Pool Party and Crumb Cake... (wishlist....). I crunched the flowers a bit and poked a hole in the middle and collected everything together with Antique Brad.

1 comment:

  1. Tanja, I have come to visit your blog from Stampin Connection. Really nice and love your bazaar display. I am your most recent FOLLOWER. Hope you will come by my blog to visit and FOLLOW ME if you wish.
    www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca
    Louise

    ReplyDelete