Pages

Monday 9 December 2013

Silver Embossing - 3 ways

I have, for a while now, wanted to try the difference in various embossing options.


Stampin'Up! has previously had silver embossing powder, which I have used a lot, but now with the Holiday Catalogue's Silver Encore pads, I was not 100% sure what the difference in the embossing was.

So I had to do an experiment

The first is using Versa Mark and Silver Embossing powder. The result is a smooth, almost foil finish.
The Second is using Silver Encore Ink and Clear Embossing powder. The Encore ink gives it a rough tecture, but there is this opaque look to the image, due to clear emboss (it does not show on this image that well)


And the final, and the best, result for me was the Silver Encore Ink combined with Silver Embossing powder. The texture is there due to Encore ink and it almost has this glitter effect. 



and don't forget to check the Clearance Rack tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment