Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Making Jewelry!

During this stay in Finland, I wanted to adventure into other kinds of crafts too.

sparkly black necklace almost ready
My mom has taken some courses in jewelry making, so I needed to pick her brain to learn this hobby too. And I have to say, it's easier than I thought - well... I've stuck to the more simple designs. 

Hardest part for me has been selecting the beads for the work. And sometimes I have a vision, but then I cannot find the kind of beads I want. I'm now at the point where I'm planning on entering the online store world of beading :-)

"key chain"

I guess my biggest problem with online orders is that I really don't know the lingo, so my searches bring zero results. But I'm learning - bead by bead

I still have a lot to learn, I'm not sure if I even dare to try necklaces, where you have to make the chain yourself. I think I'll just stick to wire, stretchy cords and leather. I have done one bracelet with memory wire (the one that keeps it's shape and you can wrap it around your wrist), but I haven't taken a picture of it.

My biggest project so far has been a bracelet, which I will reveal later :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment