Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloween Banner


When I saw the new Build a Banner kits, I thought "this is pretty cool". And I happened to get one free from the convention, and had SO MANY great ideas - but so little time - so never got into making a banner.

So FINALLY I took the kit out and decided to make a small Halloween banner. I didn't want to spend too many banner sheets on this, since it would be up only for such a short time, and Halloween is a "strange" holiday for me to celebrate - so I wanted the banner to say "BOO"

Once I started - I could not believe how fast and easy it is to create the banner!!!

I used hot glue gun to make the rosettes (or lollies) and to glue them to the banners. I used Sponge Dobbers to ink the banners (the kit comes with templates) and it was very quick and easy.

The colours on this banner are Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry and Smoky Slate and the Designer Series Paper is Sweater Weather (from the Holiday Catalogue). The bats are done with larger butterfly punch  - first punch out your regular butterfly, then adhere it to a post-it note and punch part of the bottom off with the same punch.

And I created these really cute treat cups for my office colleagues - well guess if I remembered to take a picture of them - oh well.... Maybe it's better than I didn't, since they were done using last years halloween paper :-) and now they can be also a surprise for my future hostesses (well without the halloween decor ofcourse!)

I'm already creating the second banner. The backgrounds are done and the letters stamped - just need to cut the letters out and create some embellishments. Hoping to have some images by the weekend (well I'm hoping to display this thing at the Christmas Bazaar this weekend.

Which reminds me - come and visit my booth at the Ravines retirement place at the corner of Prince of Wales drive and Colonnade Road (Nepean)





No comments:

Post a Comment