Pages

Friday 28 March 2014

Card in a box

Okay, I have wanted to create one for such a long time, but just haven't had the time.

When I first saw these 'card in a box' things, I thought 'way too much work for me'. And I'm not a one to display cards on a table - I hang them on a wall, so it really was something neat, but not for me.

Then when I saw more and more of them created, I started thinking that a lot of people actually do display their cards on a table or a book case (and they fall over SO easily). So, here I am, creating my 'card in a box'es :-)

I knew I wanted to use the 'life in the forest' sets and both my nephews have their birthdays coming up, so this was a perfect time for that.

This version (yes, there is a second too!!) is using the cute little critters from the life in the forest stamp set. I stamped the fox on Tangerine Tango card stock and on Whisper White card stock and cut out the mask and the tail from the white, and glued them on the fox.

The Coastal Cabana chevron paper is from the Spring occasions paper pad 'Fresh Prints'
The camera is done with the 'on Film' framelits. I used the Crumb Cake Core'dinations paper and sanded the surface to bring out the inner layer, and give the camera more dimension.

I won't bother giving you dimensions or instructions on how to make this card. If you google 'card in a box', you will get hundreds of written and video tutorials. Just pick one ;-)

Hope you will enjoy creating your own 'card in a box'

No comments:

Post a Comment