Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

Simply My Digital Studio Challenge: Frames with a twist

I have to say, this photo of Tom is one of my favourites. And it's just a quick snapshot of him at Starbucks. He just happened to look outside and the light from the window lighted his face perfectly. Okay, I did edit it in my Camera+ app quite a lot. I think I used the Ansel set up and some vignette edits on this too.

the challenge on this one was to use frames, but not in your typical way - framing pictures. I did use a mat under my picture and some embellishments but my frames are more around the sentiment and at the background. 

The stitching frame is actually 2 L-shaped stitches, one is just flipped around and then overlapped with the other.

Why don't you give your smartphone a run for it's money and snap some pictures? Try some non-conventional edits on them too. the nice thing about digital editing is that you still keep your original image, in case your editing doesn't work. And you know how easy it is always to use the same edits? why not try something totally different - like a purple haze? or download a new photo editing app and give them a try. I only have 16 on my iPhone :-)
and remember, who's stopping you from editing the photo in several different apps?? Let's face it, some of them have better frames, some of them have better picture editing tools. So give them a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment