Pages

Thursday 11 February 2016

Sale-A-Bration stamp sets

I know, I know... it has been a while since I posted last, but this does not mean that I have not made any cards :-)

When I make cards for a party or a class, I don't like posting them on my blog ahead of time, and as I was not 100% sure which cards I actually end up using in my events, I could not post any of them

So now I decided to start with these Sale-A-Bration stamp sets, and you might ask 'why?'
well... let me tell you why:

One of them is made with 'The sky is the limit' stamp set, which is only available until February 15th as a Sale-a-bration exclusive (and FREE) stamp set.


I used Crumb Cake card stock and white corrugated paper as the base of this card. The clouds are stamped directly on the corrugated paper. The ribbon is Striped grosgrain in Crumb Cake colour. I cased this card from Dianne Sisneros. And I used Memento Black Ink on this (I think it would be safe to say that if I don't specifically mention using another black ink, you can assume I have used the Memento Black Ink). You can read more about my experiment on black inks on a December 2015 posting here.

I don't usually advertise other products, but I will mention here, that if you go on Pinterest and search for Dies by Dave, you can find different kind of frame lit dies made for Stampin'Up! stamps, I mean other than what Stampin'Up! makes. He for example has a die for this plane (I just got it in the mail today, so haven't had the time to use it yet).

This is my other card made using a Sale-a-bration stamp set 'Flowering fields'. Now this one will be around until the end of the event, which is March 31st 2016.

I stamped this with Memento Black Ink (every flower is it's own stamp) and coloured them using classic ink pads and blender pen.

I was inspired by a card made by Mary Fish. 

Sale-a-bration is a sale event, where you get to choose one FREE item from a sale-a-oration catalogue for every $60 you spend (before taxes and shipping).





No comments:

Post a Comment