Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Dolls and Miniatures - displays

As I mentionned, I attended the "Ottawa New Dolls and Miniatures" show last Saturday. Quite an event and interesting to see what other people create too. Amazing people and amazing things they create - life sized (and looking) baby dolls, teddy bears and what not's - bunch of VERY creative and talented people!






I was VERY proud of my new display rack (pretty good job, even if I say myself).


I have to be honest too - I wish I would have had more time to create more spectacular cards - well... I guess I did HAVE the time - I just didn't use it properly :-)


But I was proud of all my Disney Princess cards and I got several positive comments about them. And everybody really loved the dress form dies.

I think I was most proud of my "doll house" cards. I had 2 cards, that could be used as paper doll rooms.


The first one is using "Soho Subway" Designer Series Paper as the back ground. The table is with Early Espresso Card stock, which was embossed with woodgrain embossing folder. On top (which you really cannot see) is a piece of Natural Trim with fringed ends. The flowers are done with Brights Blossoms stamp set (Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding). The base form is done with Baked Brown Sugar.

And the carpet?? That is a piece of Natural Composition Specialty paper inked with Crisp Cantaloupe and the fringe is Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle trim ribbon.

I really liked how this turned out.


The other one - the baby's room. I had most fun with this one.
The back ground again is from Soho Subway Designer Series Paper. All layed on top of Baked Brown Sugar background.

The carpet is Pool Party Core'dinations paper embossed with Square Lattice embossing folder and sanded. Then I snipped around the edges with my scissors to make the fringe - pretty nice - eh?

The stuffed animals are from "Zoo Babies" stamp set - I stamped them on whisper white card stock and then mounted the cs on a second layer of whisper white - then cut them out and mounted them on top of the dresser. The dresser is whisper white and the drawer fronts are mounted with Pop Dots. The handles are Wild Wasabi Candy Dots
The branch is done with Bird Builder Punch.



While I was there, I decorated couple of the extra dress form shapes I had with me. I did couple of "Scottish" ladies (the blue skirt actually has a small safety pin from the Vintage Trinkets. The blue and white dress has sleeves made from Delicate Details Lace tape (the narrow one).

This truly was a new experience for me - creating cards and display items in a particular theme - more challenging than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment