Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Happy and haunted - Halloween is here!!

As some of you know, Halloween is one of the toughest holiday for me. Reason being that back home in Finland we do not celebrate Halloween. Well, apparently it is creeping it's way in there as we speak, but way back when I was a kid - no Halloween.

1) Cased from Michele Reynolds

We did dress up and go from door to door hoping to get some treats, but this was during Easter and we dressed up as Easter Witches (even boys).
So for me to create Halloween cards, is always very strange, I'm okay with the pumpkins and all the cute stuff, but spooky and creepy things - yes, not my cup of tea 

But here goes - hope you enjoy them


2) Cased from Debra Lehigh







Couple of them have been cased from fellow demonstrators and quite a lot of them use "Best of Halloween" stamp set (one of the Best of 25 year special stamp sets)

I especially enjoy the very simple card from Debra Lehigh (2). So easy to make, but I guess it's just enough Halloween for me  - and not too scary !!!

3) Best of Halloween and Washi
Several of the cards use Washi Tape - why? I decided not to order the Witches Brew Designer Series Paper. Last year I orderd couple of sets, and hardly used them at all, so this year I figured that I'm trying NOT to order them and figure other ways to embellish my cards. One thing I really miss is the Spider Web Embossing folder - that was such a great background for Halloween cards and made great impressions on the die cut leafs also!









4) Gorgeous Grunge background


I also used stamps to create some background for my cards. One is using Gorgeous Grunge in Pumpkin Pie and Off the Grid in Smoky Slate. And since Stampin'Up! retired their bat punch, demonstrators have been either using the retired punch or trying to make bats with various different punches. I saw a bat done with the larger butterfly punch and thought - that is the best thing ever!

You punch the butterfly from black card stock and then adhere it to a piece of post-it note. Then you punch the same butterfly again - just the bottom of it so that you get the shape of the bat.



5) Off the Grid, Gorgeus Grunge and Butterfly punch


You can see the bat on the card #5
The moon is sponged to the back ground through a round hole on a piece of scrap paper.

Oh and most of my halloween cards are using Pumpkin Pie. I just like it a bit more than Tangerine Tango - which to me is a bit too dark and "dull" colour.








Label done with My Digital Studio. Background with Washi Tape

Then one of my favourites - this is a hybrid card. The label is done with My Digital Studio and printed on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock (took me couple of prints to get it matching the size of the Apocathery Accents Framelits - but got it pretty accurate.

Then I just used the Witches Brew Washi Tape to create the background.














No comments:

Post a Comment