Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Yippee-Skippee meets Gorgeous Grunge

And both are now on sale!!!!

That actually is just pure luck :-) as I saw this card done by a fellow demonstrator some time ago. I used the same embossing folder, but changed the colours a bit and used a different framelit to cut out the sentiment and the mat for it

The colours are Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso with Whisper White.

I wanted to try various ways to create the stains on the background.
The first one was done by sponging ink directly on the front side of the embossing folder and then spritzing it with rubbing alcohol. This method makes more blended colours as it actually ends up mixing the colours together. Maybe partly because of my colour choises, this also looks very subtle.

The second was actually my first try and I almost scratched the whole piece! but decided finally to use it. This one, as you might have noticed, actually has the embossing reversed. That was not supposed to happen. I colours the raised part of the embossing folder, which actually is the back, and closed the folder, hoping that the ink would catch onto the intended part - well... Didn't work. So since most of the ink ended on the back side of the card, I chose to use the back side, hence the reverse :-) but I have to say! I like the look.... Just wish the letters were right way round

Then the las - and my favourite - version
This one I embossed plain and then sponged (with sponge daubers) on top of the raised letters.

All the cards are embellished with Epic Day This And That Washi tape and Witches Brew Washi tape, early espresso baker's twine and arrow paper clip 

The greeting has a stamp from Yippee-Skippee (I freakin' love you) and the "seriously" is from an older My Paper Pumpkin kit, but you could use another stamp or carv your own with the new U defined kits 

wait... You will see my creations this coming week!!!! (I have already carved 3 this weekend!!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment