Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Hand Made presents, day 4

Village of Cuteness
These wooden decorative houses are such a pretty decoration - through out the year! We first did these at the Stampin'Up! Convention in 2010, and these are based on those - but I changed things up a bit and used new Designer Series Papers.

My Father-in-Law helped me two summers ago cut all the house shapes from left over 2"x4" lumber (I think we cut some 2"x6" shapes too). Then I just sanded them lightly and painted them with acrylic paint. Rest is pretty much paper or various little trinkets. The door hinges are a retired Stampin'Up! product (little paper clips) and the key is from a retired embellishment set, but you can use what ever little trinkets you find.

I made these more generic ones, so I can actulally display them through out the year but I have seen them made into Halloween and Christmas Houses - I guess what ever holiday you have at hand :)

Here is an other look at the houses

No comments:

Post a Comment