What are they made off??? WASHERS!!!
I got these from RONA and they are called Fender Washers. The size I chose is 5/16 but it's actually a bit small to use with 1-1/4" punch so what I did I sanded the edges to fit the paper to the washer.
I used the Twitterpated DSP on my washer. Oh and if you make a bookmark - don't use a stretchy cord - works better :)
This is what you do:
- cut the SMALLER circle on your choise of Designer Series Paper (you will need 2 since you want to decorate both sides). Just make sure you punch the hole as far into the paper as your punch (Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack - round punch). Then line your 1-1/4" punch so that the small hole is in the middle of your punch opening.
- Mod Podge the washer on one side and adhere the punched circle on the washer. Set to dry on a peg suspended in the air or flat on the table.
- once one side is dry - mod podge the other side and adhere the second circle - let dry
- when both sides are dry - sand the edges (if your paper goes over the edge)
- cover the paper with Mod Podge (you can use crystal Effects also, I find Mod Podge dries faster and will not show brush marks as much - sponge brush is actually best on this project!)
- once the paper is dry - get a string of stretchy cord (from jewelry making department). I used a silver strech cord, but if you wish the cord to be less visible - you can use the clear Stretch Magic bead and jewelry cord (I recommend the 1.5mm). JUST REMEMBER TO MAKE THE CORD LONG ENOUGH!
- Tie a loop on your string, and then pass the cord around the washer. Since the cord is stretchy, you will not have any problems putting it on.