Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Simply My Digital Studio Challenge Week 1

My idol in digital scrapbooking has to be Heather Summers. You can find more about her from her blog www.stampwithheather.typepad.com. She has started together with Kimberly Van Diepen a Facebook group "Simply My Digital Studio Challenges" where they will be posting their tutorial videos and also linking projects done with their challenge.

This week the challenge was how to group your photos and use multiple photo boxes to hold one image.


Simply My Digital Studio Challenge - week 1
And this is my take on the challenge. What I discovered (by accident - I have to admit) was that when I changed the 2 pictures into sepia, but then clicked "undo" - it only recoloured the top image. I had to double "undo" to recolour both. So I used this as an "extra" feature on my page - I left the background sepia coloured and the top layer coloured. And I didn't mat the picture on the top - just did a heavy shadow. I thought this looked pretty cool.

The fun part of this was that I re-did one of my fav scrapbook pages. I was SO proud of this page when I created it - and still am - I was a novise scrapbooker when I made the page so I guess that made it even more special and fabulous! I could not locate the original pictures, but the place and the people are same - just a different day :-)

Here, as a comparison, is a picture of the original page (sorry for the poor quality old picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment