Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Handmade Gifts, day 9

 
 
This is a great idea for the ones you don't know what to give, or if you might need some "extra" gifts in case you happen to receive a gift from someone you had not bought a gift. I always make few extras and bring them with me to the office (just in case).
 
I got some empty journals from the clearance rack at Chapters and covered both the front and back with a piece of Designer Series Paper (this one is from the Twitterpated selection - but this would be a great way to use some odd pieces or retired DSP. Then I covered the spine with the new Two-Tone Ribbon (now this was not very smart of me, since this won't be available for public until January 3rd). But you can use any ribbon - the wider, the better. I don't recommend covering the spine with DSP, it won't last and won't look nice. I then adhered a piece of 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Basic Gray to the front and left the top part extra long to make it work as a bookmark (so atleast the length of the book, plus make sure you have some extra to tie your trinket.
 
This trinket is actually something I found on the street - call me cheap! but works perfectly for this journal! What do we learn from this??? Never throw anything away "someones trash is another ones treasure" (I usually tend to think that "someones trash is still trash")
 
Then I used a stamp set (again from the Spring catalogue called "Feel Goods". This is the greatest set - and one more thing not available: " Canvas Creations"
 
Now - don't get discouraged!!! You can use any fabric - or paper for the base of the stamp.
and you can use any stamp set for your sentiment or picture.
 
Just a note for future: The canvas absorbs a lot of ink - I used Black StazOn and had the hardest time to get a decent image - I think the new classic black might be more moist than the StazOn.... Or maybe the black craft ink.... I have to play with these a bit to see what works best on the canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment